Bat Gara winery was born from the union of two ways of understanding the txakoli, the indigenous varieties and their area.
A different concept to understand the Txakoli
BAT GARA winery was born from the union of two ways of understanding the txakoli, the indigenous varieties and their area:
- Jose Cruz Guinea, restaurateur and winegrower.
- Txema Gotxi, farmer and winegrower.
Both of them, as winegrowers, have in mind the criteria for rediscovering the wine produced in our area, known as Arabako Txakolina, and believe in its potential to produce atlantics wines, going beyond the normal notions of txakoli.
These are the criteria of the project:
- Absolute care of grapes, which are native varieties (Hondarribi Zuri and Hondarribi Zuri Zerratia), as the main element of the whole process.
- Respect and attention of soil and climate as differentiating factors of the range of wines.
- Dedication to the cultivation works in the vineyard using techniques that respect and protect the environment.
- Professionalism and vocation in the winemaking avoiding manipulations or masking.
- Correct maturation and decision of the ideal moment for vintage.
Somos dos y somos uno, dos amigos y una bodega. Somos dos y somos únicos, somos Bat Gara.